8.8.11

Phu Quoc Island

Have you even been woken up, taken from your bed, walked about 20 steps to lie down at the beach for a massage while the sun slowly sets into the calmly rushing sea, displaying a most phenomenal palette of colors? “You want foot rub too?” I managed to slur out a muffled ‘zzure’ before slipping back into a coma. Brutally awoken again because all the air is getting pushed out of my lungs by the little Vietnamese lady, who is now sitting on top of me, pushing my shoulders down. Followed by fierce pounding on my upper legs and the cracking of my fingers one at a time. Life is… painful at times.
The massage was rather necessary due to an intense pain in my neck after sitting on the back of a motorbike for two days, driven by V. He’s actually a good driver, but let’s just say I’m a little squeamish. The roads where true textbook horror: deep gorges, swamps and oceans of rainwater forming everywhere. The Island though, is magnificent. And it doesn’t hurt to spend your nights at a bungalow right on the beach…

Caught in the act: the butchering of me...

Major Goofy reports for action.

All the stressing out over riding on a bike on shitty roads does pay...


Even when the weather gets a bit ugly, it still is actually really beautiful.

And the waves got really fun too :-)...

Found some Vietnamese drinking buddies that insisted on paying. The alcohol was much needed since they thought their English was superb, but for us it was all a big game of Charades.

Before Phu Quoc we took a tour through the Mekong Delta.

I found my new soul mate.

And went undercover.

Spotting even more fat Buddahs.

Finally at the Mekong again; having more beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment