12.5.11

A gut-wrenching dilemma

© VMCMV
It seems like time is speeding ahead, we are only 19 days from departing to destination paradise and my terribly sensitive fashion sense is getting itchy. I'm facing the excruciating task of putting together my outfits for the next 3 months and the number of pieces to bring and use to make those stellar combinations is highly limited. At least if I trust most of the advice given to me. 

Yesterday though, I had dinner with my dear friend M2 (not the M from a previous post). She's an experienced traveler, just like other friend M. The list of absolute 'essentials' that came out of her mouth was astounding! Nothing can hold the load of clothes she advices me to bring! To get some usable advice -other than a great excuse to bring everything I own- I told her about my biggest dilemma: sweats or cotton chill pants. Her solution: jeans! At least two... Uhm... 

The choice is actually pretty hard and not as futile as it might seem:

- Sweats are comfy, warm and soft. They emulate that womb-like feeling I strangely still love so much even though all those years that have pasted. Preferable with a cup of tea or some Ben & Jerry's (don't over-eat) on the couch and a big blanket, giving me the sense of security I so long for. So sweats, for long-ass plane rides and Himalayan snowstorms.
- Cotton chill pants are baggy and light, they are your second pair of lungs your legs will most definitely need. Did I mention they are so cool this season? Just because of that, I need one. Chill pants (anyone have a better name for them maybe?), for hard-ass hikes through 'tiger leaping gorges' (Google it) and humid national jungle parks, maybe add a temple or two.

What to choose?



No comments:

Post a Comment