29.6.11

Lucky charm...

"I take pictule of cat elsewhele. I like cats." the girl in the coffee shop told me when I asked her about the very apparent lack of cats in Lijiang and the cat pictures on the wall in her little shop. Asia is stray cat ridden, but here I hadn't seen one tiny little miawing flufball at all. Yet.

So before I vent my burning desire to slowly grow a branch of bamboo up their asses and use their tiny little d*cks and t*ts as lucky charms and key chains in my own very special souvernir shop, I will first tell you about the beauty of Lijiang.

An UNESCO world heritage site with small cobled lanes, little wooden and stone bridges over the many crystal clear streams and a color palet of flowers that could possibly blind you. Lijiang is one of the most beautiful little towns I have ever seen. Quietly sitting at the bottom of snowy mountains and filled to the brim with colorful ponchos that would look good in a Vogue spread.

It was a sunny 30 degrees when we slowly strolled from shop to shop and I spotted my first cat in two days! Naxi I called her, after the original inhabitants of Lijiang. She was more than happy to cuddle up against me, purring and clearly enjoying all the petting. Little did I know that only a few steps further down the street I would see the rest of the Lijiang cat population. Neetly lined up, paw by paw, dangling on a key chain or in all their furry glory as a bag or pillow. Purr?

I ate pizza that night.

























Lijiang is simply gorgeous...

























...and so is my jumpsuit from Kunming :-).

















No other caption to add but props to the amazingly talented photographer who 'tags along with me on my trip' and takes beautiful looking pictures, but above all looks pretty damn handsome himself :-).


















The kind of lucky charm I can appreciate...


















No roof-top bars in Lijiang, but still some amazing views ;-).

























Having to choose was a brutal task.


















You can see her ears. Behind the plant there lies Naxi: the only living cat that still roams the streets of Lijiang.

No comments:

Post a Comment