7.6.11

The new me

One of the main reasons to go traveling in the first place was to learn from experience. So far it's proving to be an effective way to gain a little wisdom and skill. I can now pee while standing, sleep while sitting up, enjoy grilled duck and shrimp flavored potato chips, go from point A to B in a Tuk Tuk and stay alive. I've learned how to see the beauty in myself after a 12 hour trip through an unpenetrable jungle with Steve Irwin's Asian brother as our guide, hunting Hornbills and Gibbons, while casually ignoring giant thick and crusty spiders sitting in their webs waiting just for me, climbing over a 100 steps (I stopped counting after my first breakdown) after seeing the most magnificent waterfall (in my life at least) and being sucked dry by leeches and mosquitos. The image you see in the mirror after an experience like this is the new you. You learn how to deal with it. Make-up has little use and your hair can be blow-dryed and styled so beautifully, the moment you wake up the one thing you want to do is to get it out of your face and neck. Only beer helps, yes beer, you've read it correctly, I'm a changed person already.

Now it's my humble guess that you want pictures. Right? We'll put your scroll button to the test and see how far you get.


In Thailand they speak Thai and Thenglish...

Did I mention we met up with M. while in Bangkok? She tought us how to eat from food stalls alongside the road and not getting too ill the next day...






































We also visited some temples and enjoyed more traditional Thai fashion.


And drooled over some fabulous cheap ass knock-offs which eventually ended up on my fingers.


This could have been the last picture taken of us if it wasn't for our supreme survival skills that got us out of that Tuk Tuk alive.


















But we lived to see this view of Bangkok at night.


















And it's off to Ayutthaya.



















Where I quickly became friends with Pete, one of the many, but without a doubt the cutest vilage cat.







































Ayutthaya is famous for its many old temple ruins, which where indeed beautiful.

After Ayutthaya we took a train to Pak Chong, a small city near the Khao Yai national park. My fabulous anti-leech socks should not distract from the breathtaking view here. Focus!

















We've seen some monkey love...





















And some monkeys kill each other...

Meet Burt. He told me he'd have me for desert. Which is entirely possible, since he's the size of my head.


















I convinced Burt that eating me would result in a beer belly since the amount of beer flooding through my body was already substantial. So he skipped out and I got to see this waterfall. Which was pretty and featured in 'The Beach'. But...



...this waterfall rocked just a little more...





































And with this jungle-wear pic I leave you. On our way to our last Thailand spot now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment