23.7.11

The reign of the sweat mustache

The first time talking to my mother over skype, she carefully -but with great emphasis- warned me that in no case I could allow myself to become a stinky, moldy backpacker while traveling (backpackers have established a pretty solid name for themselves). I soothed her with the info that although maybe less developed than Europe, in Asia people do enjoy showering and even soap. Now, after spending close to two months abroad, I am redefining my hygiene. It is your human right to stop reading now.

Instead of smelling like Thierry Mugglers ‘Angel’ with a hint of gentle almond scrub, an intense citronella odor is now always accompanying me. I stopped sniffing my hands after visiting Chinas restrooms and BF V today even hesitantly admitted my neck has become a bit greasy. But he loves me none the less. Woops… 

Since traveling here in South East Asia I have even grown a mustache. A sweat mustache. It goes with me wherever I go, day and night. No matter how much I keep dabbing my mouth with tissues; the sweat has grown very fond of my upper lip. With temperatures going way beyond 30 degrees even at night and a humidity level close to a 100%, this is not a strange thing though. Sorry mom! So remember this while browsing through the photos below: before they were taken some serious dabbing was going on. Now smile!

I took my sweaty mustache to see Hoi An: a pretty little town, Disney-fied by UNESCO, that lights up at night in any color imaginable. 



See...
 
A sunset like this one might illustate the scorching heat that comes from the big frying orb.



Finally.... there was sand and the ocean. I got the chill at a beach!

And lost 10 lives at a water park were I had to plunche myself down near vertical Tsunami-called water slides. Why do people enjoy staring into deaths eyes so much?

The Fairy Stream in Mui Ne was more my cup of tea.

The massive sand dunes got my two thumbs up as well, although grinding sand with your teeth the whole time took some getting used to.

Then again I could vent my frustration during a cooking course.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment